Connect with us

World

T20 World Cup semi-finals: Schedule, times, venues & how to follow

Published

on

T20 World Cup semi-finals: Schedule, times, venues & how to follow

ICC T20 world ranking: Fourth

Best T20 World Cup performance: Semi-finalists (2009 & 2014)

South Africa’s route to the semi-finals

The Proteas are unbeaten in the tournament. They won all four of their group stage games, despite a scare that saw them win by one run against Associate nation Nepal.

That fine form continued in the Super 8s with wins over the United States, England and crucially West Indies, when a defeat would have seen them knocked out.

Their men’s team is looking to reach the final of an ICC event for the first time since winning the 1998 Champions Trophy.

Key players, by ex-England bowler and TMS pundit Steven Finn

I’m going to go with batter Heinrich Klaasen, who has not really fired yet. He has only scored 138 runs at a strike-rate of 112.19, which is uncharacteristically low. He should have a key part to play in this tournament at some stage.

If South Africa are going to get over their semi-final hoodoo, you would feel it may be someone who has dealt with the pressure of the Indian Premier League in the recent past.

He was in good form coming into the tournament too – and he should be their most dangerous batter in the middle order after they will hope Quinton de Kock has set a platform.

In their bowling attack I am going to highlight Kagiso Rabada. Anrich Nortje has taken more wickets but Rabada has been more impressive. He is more versatile and that is important in T20 cricket. He has taken 10 wickets, at an economy of just 6.04, and when he is in full flow he is one of my favourite fast bowlers to watch.

Continue Reading